The Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni Scholarship is a one-time scholarship given to a legacy freshman or transfer student.
- Legacy is defined as a parent or grandparent who is a Delta State University alumnus/alumna.
- Preference goes to life members or two-consecutive-year dues paying members.
- Students must be fully admitted to Delta State University in order to apply for the Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni Scholarship.
- Incoming freshmen have top priority.
- The student must have a 3.0 GPA or greater to be considered for this prestigious scholarship.
Please submit application and additional documentation by March 30 to:
DSU Alumni Association
Attn: HEW Scholarship Application
Cleveland, MS 38733
Hugh Ellis Walker served as the Alumni Secretary from 1969-1987. He was named executive director of the Alumni-Foundation in 1987. The Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni-Foundation House was dedicated in his honor in 1996, and he was inducted into the Alumni Hall of Fame in 2011. Walker was named Outstanding Alumnus of the Year in 2013.
The Golden Anniversary Scholarship will financially assist students who are currently in their final semester of their degree program and who no longer qualify for Federal financial aid. The scholarship fund was established by the prestigious Golden Circle Group, which is made up of all fifty year graduates of Delta State University. The Golden Circle is supported by the Delta State University National Alumni Association.